As of January 12th, Gilmore Community School’s new Main Office phone number is 604-296-9013. Please update all your phone books/contact lists, and inform all family members and friends that may be affected by the change.
Kindergarten registration begins on February 1, 2017, for children born in 2012. Come to the main Office any school day in February from 10:00-11:30am or 1:05-2:30 and bring the following original documents:
- Your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Your child’s CareCard (personal health number)
- Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order).
- Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident card).
- Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student. This must include the following, with the parent’s name and current address
- One of these items: proof of ownership of dwelling; long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident.
- and one of these items: BC hydro bill, BC cable bill, BC driver’s licence, BC registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.
- Two of these items: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian filing income tax returns as a BC resident.
- Immunization records
- A completed Student Information form
- A completed Burnaby School District Medical Information Form
- A completed Email Consent Form
- All of the above noted forms can be obtained at the school office or downloaded here
- Note school is closed Family Day – February 13
- Originals of all documents required (copies cannot be accepted).
Posted on December 16, 2016The staff at Gilmore Community School would like to wish you and your family a magical, joyous, and safe Holiday Season and Winter Break. A reminder that school ends on […]
Posted on December 15, 2016A big thank you to the Gilmore Community for supporting our efforts in the “Be An Angel” program. The program has now ended for this year. Thanks to your generous donations, Gilmore […]
Posted on December 6, 2016Dear Gilmore Families, We are concerned about dangerous driving around the school area and our children are at risk of being injured. The snowy weather is predicted to return this […]
Posted on December 6, 2016Gilmore Community would like to thank everyone for their participation in last week’s Jingle Bell Walk. Thanks to you, we collected 32 large garbage bags full of winter clothing and […]