A reminder to parents that students will be dismissed at 1:45 pm tomorrow (Sept. 28) and Thursday (Sept. 29). Please ensure that you have made the appropriate arrangements for your child to be looked after. Parent Teacher Conferences start at 2:00 pm on both days.
This year’s Terry Fox Run at Gilmore will be taking place on Tuesday, September 27th, from 1:00 to 3:00. We will first gather in the gym to talk about and celebrate the life and accomplishments of Terry Fox. Students will then walk or run the designated route, which will be monitored by students of Division 2.
To help keep Terry’s dream of finding a cure for cancer alive, we will be fundraising all next week for the Terry Fox Foundation. We are hoping to exceed last year’s number of $1035. Collection will start on Monday, following this schedule:
- Monday, September 19 – Nickels
- Tuesday, September 20 – Dimes
- Wednesday, September 21 – Quarters
- Thursday, September 22 – Loonies
- Friday, September 23 – Toonies
- Monday, September 26 – Bills
Let’s keep Terry’s dream alive, Gilmore!
Parents! Are you registered for SchoolCash Online?
(If you registered in a previous year, you are still registered.)
We are now using SchoolCash Online, and encourage you to pay for your child’s school fees (field trips, events, etc.) online.
- Step 1: Visit https://burnaby.schoolcashonline.com
- Step 2: Register by selecting “Get Started Today” and follow the steps.
- Step 3: You will receive a confirmation email. From the confirmation email, click on the link provided to sign in and add your child(ren) to your household account.
You will then be ready to view and pay online for items such as upcoming field trips, events, etc.
Having trouble registering? Some common solutions are:
- Search for your child by their common/preferred name used at the school (ie, a student’s legal name could be Robert Smith-Jones, but the student’s preferred could be Rob Smith).
- Search by student number OR student name, and birth date (but not both). The student number is usually a seven digit number (it is not than the student PEN number).
- If you have any trouble registering or need your child’s student number, please call the Gilmore School Office at 604-664-8703 for assistance, between 8-11:30 am, or 1:15-3pm.
- For detailed step by step instructions, please click here.
Thank you to all who have already registered and paid student fees online!
School is now in session!
Our first full day of classes begins September 7th, with the first bell sounding at 8:50. Students will return to their “last year’s teacher” for attendance, and then will move to a new “homeroom teacher”, who will be their contact teacher for the remainder of the week. From there, all Primary students will rotate amongst all Primary teachers, and all Intermediate students will visit all Intermediate teachers. Students will return back to their “homeroom teacher” for breaks, lunch, dismissal, etc. until permanent class placements have been finalized.
Please bear with us as we work as efficiently as we can on finalizing classroom placements for the year. We are hoping that your child will be placed in their permanent classroom on Monday morning, but please understand that it could take longer. Until new placements are finalized, your child will report to their current “homeroom teacher” in the mornings.
Your child’s new classroom teacher will have a customized school supply list for your child within the first few days of their new placement.
Let’s make 2016-2017 a fantastic school year here at Gilmore!